Ways to win: No matches will end in a draw
- REFEREE STOPPAGE
- FORFEITURE OF THE MATCH
- DISQUALIFICATION BY FOULS
- COMPETITOR INJURY
A one minute sudden-death overtime period will be executed if the match ends in a tie-score. The first person to score in this 1 minute period will immediately be called the winner. If the overtime period also ends in a tie score, another 1 minute overtime will take place immediately following the first. This is repeated until one competitor scores a point and is declared the winner. Our tournaments do not use an “advantage” system. There is no rest in between overtime “1 minute rounds” each minute overtime will be immediately restarted on the feet.
- We offer both Friday night and Saturday morning weigh in for all divisions (See event schedule for times)
- Competitors do not have to wear the GI to weigh in
- A (1) lb. allowance will be given in all divisions
- You CAN NOT go nude while weighing in (must have some form of undergarment covering private areas)
A Submission happens when a competitor forces an opponent to:
- Tap with their hand against their opponent or the floor in a visible manner.
- Tap with their feet on the ground (if he or she does not have the use of their hands).
- Verbally request the referee that the match be stopped.
- If a competitor screams or yells in the heat of the match.
*In YOUTH/TEEN matches referees will objectively stop a match when they believe that the competitor could be at risk of incurring serious injury.
The score will be determined by the referee and displayed by the scoring tables.
- 2 Points = Takedown, Throw, Sweep, Knee on Stomach
- 3 Points = Pass Opponent’s guard
- 4 points = Mounted position, Back Mount w/ hooks
To gain points for position, the competitor must show clear control for 3 seconds (Including takedowns and throws).
FOULS & BANNED MOVES
BANNED MOVES ALL DIVISIONS
- Slams from guard
- Single digit manipulation
- Strikes of any kind
- NOGI grabbing opponents clothing
- Hair Pulling (on purpose, make sure if you have long hair and don’t want it to accidentally get pulled to secure it in place)
- Unsportsmanlike behavior
- Any blantant disregard for the rules will result in DQ
Adult Illegal Submissions
- White Belt- Neck Cranks, Leg locks
- Blue Belt- Neck Cranks, Twisting Leg Locks
- Purple Belt & Up- Neck Cranks, Heel Hooks
- NOGI- ALL Submissions Legal
Youth/Teen Illegal Submissions
- 5&6 Year old division NO SUBMISSIONS
- All below the waist attacks
- Bicep crushers
- neck cranks
- Spinal locks
- Wrist locks
- Scissor takedowns
- Squeezing the windpipe
A competitor may forfeit a match by:
- Verbal request from the competitor or competitor’s coach to the referee.
- Not showing up for their bracket or match when called.
- Equipment or uniform malfunction (torn or unpresentable gi or uniform)
- Medical – cramps that stop the match are an auto-forfeit
- Medical – vomitting or losing control of bowels is automatic-forfeit
MEDICAL / INJURY
A competitor is defeated after losing consciousness or if the competitor calls a stop to the match without the referee’s direction by any of these valid moves:
- Accidents in which the opponent has not committed any foul
- Unless fouled, a competitor that is unable to continue due to an injury after being assessed by medical staff/referee will be considered to have forfeited the match.